Are you a freelance application engineer who’s in for the shared mobility revolution?
Bolides started out in 2013 as a car share operator introducing a number of innovations that were easily picked up by a new audience that never shared cars before. The smartphone as a virtual key, free floating parking and pay on use are features that have become the norm among new car sharing operations.
In 2016 Bolides received a grant from the Flemish government to further develop its technology as a platform, upon which third parties can deploy their own car sharing schemes.
Today the platform hosts several “cars as a service” applications with company pool cars, demo cars and publicly shared cars. We proudly serve clients such as EY, Siemens, Leasys, Athlon, Mercedes, BMW...
We are looking for an Application Engineer who masters the Bolides platform from the backend up to the mobile frontend, with a notion of the in-house developed hardware.
With your generalistic view you understand the fast growing market of shared mobility and the specific needs of our mobility partners. You know how to translate this market demand into sound technology without losing yourself in code. You're assisted by a couple of developers who generate code within the lines you set out.
- R&D: keep an eye on the market and develop new features
- Supervise architecture Review code (new and existing sources)
- Lead 2-3 developers (remote English-Spanish)
- Assist in bugfixing
- Keep documentation up to date
Current technology stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Twitter bootstrap
- React Native
- 3-5 years of web development
- RoR: at least intermediate
- React Native basic understanding and willing to learn
- Twitter Bootstrap would be a plus
- Good communication skills English, Spanish would be a plus
We offer you:
- The exciting and dynamic environment of a startup
- An office at Fosbury&Sons in the heart of Antwerp
- Free access to all Bolides (except for vacation trips…)
- Flexible workplace and working hours
- 3 days per week, at least for 4 months.
Our current application engineer is standby to help you master the software. You can start immediately.
We share office space at Fosbury & Sons in Antwerp and Brussels.
+32 (0)3 369 43 30